Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Torture devices

I don't think I mentioned that I went bra shopping over the weekend. Ugh!!! I had been putting it off forever cause I knew I had to go up ANOTHER cup size. When we were skating last week tho, I fell down and my boob pretty much popped right out of the bra! Talk about embarrassing... hehe So I went to a specialty store that stocks everything up to an N! Whew! Not that I'm an N.... but I definitely can't buy bras at the mall anymore. Hmph!

While I was there I overheard another customer who was getting a nursing bra in my size. I was so relieved that they sell nursing bras in this size!!! I've always been worried that IF I ever get prego, where the hell am I going to get a bra?!?!? So now one more piece of the puzzle has fallen in place for me... Now if we could ACTUALLY just get prego .....

But this new bra is TORTURE!!! UGH!!!! Its the right size so its not uncomfortable because its too tight or ill-fitting. Its the DAMN underwire! God I hate underwire!!! I think the only reason it was invented was to make our lives hell yet give our bosoms a nice lift.... That means a man must have invented it! hehehe

I have another appt with the thyroid doc tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can up my dose of T3. I ended up being short a few pills so I didn't take any this weekend so I'd have enough to get me through the work week. Right away I totally felt like I used to. I slept 11 hours Fri night and still had to take a 2 hour nap on Sat. Blah!!!! I haven't taken one single nap since I started the T3 a month ago. Now I see I seriously have to take these meds the rest of my life. I cannot go back to feeling that way! My thyroid doc is very sympathetic tho. And when she started me on T3 she said we'll start with a small dose cause some people are sensitive to T3. So I'm sure she'll let me bump up to the next dose. Fingers are crossed anyways....

4 comments:

  1. check out www.womanwithin.com I just bought some WONDERFUL bras from there that are supportive with NO underwire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. underwires are the devil...but when you're as busty as I am, they are almost a necessity...I've only ever had one bra that worked without underwires and it was my wedding bra, but it was a corset type thing...I can't wear that every day. Thanks for making me smile today!

    FYI I tagged you for an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE Underwires but can't seem to find anything that is comfortable. I always feel like it's cutting into me under my boob! I have red marks. I will have to try out the womanwithin as suggested above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH Underwire! I haven't worn a bra w/ underwire in years. I refuse to! I don't miss getting poked in the ribs or the wire eventually poking a hole through the bra fabric and of the other negatives that come with it.
    I've found a few bras that are supportive at walmart, but the pickings are slim even at a C cup.

    ReplyDelete