Tuesday, January 18, 2011

People are idiots!!!

I know I've been complaining a lot lately, but this is the last one I promise. Hopefully nobody else makes me mad anyways. :-)

At lunch today a 60+-year-old coworker out of the blue starts talking about so many people have problems getting pregnant these days.... I've never talked to her about my struggles so I don't know where that came from.... Anyways she goes on to say its our fault for taking birth control for so long... What did people think would happen.... SERIOUSLY?!?!? Never mind that this isn't the 50's anymore where women had no choice but to get married and get knocked up... Never mind that I wanted to finish college, get a career going, and buy a house before I had kids.... I guess I deserve what's coming to me.... GRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or never mind that there are theories that we're receiving too many hormones from our environment which causes girls to go into puberty way earlier than they used to and possibly increases fertility problems..... Or what about the possiblity that my mom's generation, including my mom and her friends, had all their kids and their tubes tied by the time they hit 30. Many also had hysterectomies by then, so how do they know whether or not they would have been able to get pregnant. Is this what normal people think about IFers?????

I'm already having a very weepy, emotional week and then I have to listen to this shit at lunch? I went back to work early and ended up crying until I get myself under control. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! I needed it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. This can be such a fustrating journey. I'm trying to ignore stupid people and remove stress but I feel your pain it's so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate them too...

    Incidentally if you want to continue to read my blog Google has banned me because they think I'm "spam" So I had to move to word press.

    Here is the link!

    http://onedayandonecycleatatime.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a total misnomer and you should let her know so she stops spreading incorrect information. Taking birth control does not cause infertility, and yes the increased hormones in our food and milk products probably have a lot more to do with the increase in infertility rates than BCPs or age at time of TTC.

    ReplyDelete