Saturday, January 15, 2011

Booty, Booze and Broads

The title is a line from my new obsession - watching the old episodes of Dallas! Yes, the Dallas from the 70's with big flowing Texas hair and that snake - JR Ewing.... CMT played the first few episodes a couple of weekends back and I was hooked right away so we've been watching a couple of episodes a night since then. :-) I was surprised how progressive the story lines were...

First of all they have an IF story line!!!! I could not believe what I was watching!!! Sue Ellen and JR have been married for 7 years and cant' get pg.... Their problem is more from him not wanting to perform his marital duties... but still I was blown away by some of hour outbursts.... How on the money they were... Then there's a scene where the old lady of the house suggests that Sue Ellen look into adoption. She's worried nobody will accept a baby that's not a proper Ewing and the old lady says "Any child that comes into this house IS a Ewing." It honestly made me tear up.... Maybe just because I'm PMSing but I can't believe how open they were to adoption back then!!! Of course in true Hollywood fashion, she'll end up prego before the end of the season.... but I was still impressed with how they handled the IF.

Then there's a scene where a pregnant girl is smoking and they scold her. Again I couldn't believe it. Because this was filmed in 78... and in 75 when my mom was pregnant with me she smoked every day of the pregnancy..... Didn't even cut back! And it was perfectly acceptable.

Enough about that... I just couldn't believe how relevant that show could be today!

AF should be here tomorrow or Monday... but I'm ok with it. I've ordered some of the cheapie OPK sticks online and this cycle I am DETERMINED to catch my LH surge if it kills me!! Let the POAS marathon commence!!! :-)

Monday I'm going to make an appt with a new RE. My friend goes to him and she really likes him. I tried to make an appt Friday... I called at 1:38 and of course they closed at 1:30. I'm sure I'll be able to get in sometimes during this cycle. I'm hoping to do my 1st clomid/progesterone cycle in FEb. I guess we'll see what happens...

That's all for now. I hope things are going well for all of you out there.

1 comment:

  1. OK don't laugh, but I own EVERY single season of Dallas on DVD :) Of course wait till you hit the Pam and Bobby "can't carry a baby to term" story line...that aggravates me because its so contrived...urgh.

    ReplyDelete