Monday, January 24, 2011

New RE

I had my first appt with the new doc today and the verdict is in - I LOVE HIM!!! I might just call him Dr. Wonderful.. :-) He really put me at ease.... and answered all my questions and gave me a definite timeline.... I'm doing clomid/progesterone for 2 months. If that doesn't work we're upping my dose and doing a trigger shot for a couple of months. If that doesn't work we can move to IUI. Yay!!! I ACTUALLY HAVE A SCRIP FOR CLOMID IN MY HAND!!! I know it's no guarantee... but I feel like I'm finally taking action and can progress throught the steps. With my old doc I felt like he kept all the possible treatment options under a shroud of secrecy.... He was very tight-lipped and I hate that!!!!

So I won't be able to start the fun and games until next month since I'm already on CD 6..... but I feel like there's hope for this year after all!!!!

On another note, on night last week I went roller skating with my mom. And the roller derby girls were there practicing!!!! They had on crazy tutus and leggings and it looked like so much fun!!!!! I started looking online and you can take skate lessons from derby girls to get the basics down. Sounds like fun!!! Even my mom is up for it!! Of course, I'm not stupid like Plain Jane so if I get so much as a hint of a BFP I'll hang up my skates for good... But in the meantime, I can't stop living, right??? Its feels good to get all my frustration tunneled into something. :-)

Thursday I have a follow up appt with Dr Z about my 1st month on the T3 pills. Those pills are life-changing. I was running low so I didn't take any over the weekend so I'd have enough to get me to my next appt. And just like that, I was exhausted and taking 2 hour naps after sleeping for 11 hours!!! Its crazy what a difference it makes!!!! I'm going to ask her on Thurs if I can try the next dosage up....just to see if that makes a difference. And my hard-headed mother FINALLY has an appt with her this week... I've been telling her since Oct to get in to see Dr. Z.!! She's wants to try the T3 pills too cause she still has a lot of hypo symptoms as well.

I guess that's all that's going on right now... I hope everyone is having a good week out there!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are loving your new RE!!! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding an RE you love is so important. My first RE was all about him....he never examined me....my new RE is completely different. She's focused on results for me. It makes the process so much better when you feel like the RE is in your corner. Good luck and take this cycle off to skate your heart bout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new RE! A change makes all the difference in the world sometimes!!

    Have fun skating...for NO you can't stop living your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you love your new RE. That is so great and important!

    ReplyDelete