Tuesday, December 28, 2010

After holiday relief....

So the holidays are finally over.... I don't know about you guys but I was wiped out by the time Sunday rolled around. I laid around the house all day and loved every minute of it. :-) I needed the whole day to recuperate.

Christmas was relatively painless. On Christmas Eve I had to see Plain Jane and see her get maternity clothes and a few baby clothes, which I pretty much had to ignore so I didn't lose it... I think my mom knew I was on the edge so when I went into the other room to talk to Coach Girl after presents because she came in there and sat with us. That was a huge move for her. Usually she doesn't get it. There was a WTF moment when my bro started being snarky to me about graduating.... I don't know what that was about. I used to try to encourage him to go back to school but he was never interested. And its not like finishing my degree was easy. At one point I was going to school full time, working full time and working part time at another job.... So I had to work to get it done.

Today was back to work as usual. I felt disoriented all day after having 5 days off in a row!!! Like I couldn't get myself to focus on work at all.... I was hoping to use my last 1/2 day of vacation time on Thurs but I have soooo much to do now I might not be able to. We'll see.....

Monday afternoon I had another appt with Dr. Z. My TSH levels were good after my first month on synthroid. My level was 1.04 which I think is where it should be judging by other people's blogs. However I told Dr Z that I still feel tired a lot which I thought would go away. So she started me on 5 mg of cytomel to take with the synthroid. Apparently that's one of the other thyroid hormones - T3 - which will treat the symptoms of hypothyroid. Anyone have any experience with it? I felt good today, but it could have just been placebo effect too. Its supposed to be pretty fast-acting and you can tell a difference in just 2-3 days which is good. Hopefully it makes a difference.

And this cycle I'm taking an extra 200 mg of B6 daily to see if that changes my luteal phase. Last month I tried 100 mg and I thought I saw a few differences in my cycle but that could have been the thyroid meds too...

Today I went to the dentist. Ugh!!! I'm embarrassed to say how long its been since my last dentist appt. I hate that visit so much! I would rather go to the lady parts doctor 10 times before going to the dentist. :-) But I survived to tell about it so I guess I was just being a big baby all along. hehe

I hope all of you had a good holiday too! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you survived it all! Even more relieved to her your thyroid is shaping up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very Merry Christmas. I enjoyed as well, but I think I need a good week to recover and going back to work yesterday was not fun.

    Hmm...maybe I should try that Cytomel. I have an appt. with the endocrinologist next month and will mention it. Keep us posted with your results.
    The B6 seems great. I took it for the first time last month, and my Luteal phase lasted 13 days (a record for me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived the holidays. Sorry you had to deal with baby stuff and snarky comments. Totally unnecessary.

    As for the thyroid, I'm not familiar with the second drug you mentioned but looks like the synthroid is working very well for you. Hope it makes a big difference in your success for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot woot on the TSH levels, and big kudos for braving the dentist!! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete