Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random.....

So here it is on CD 15 and no sign of a positive OPK anywhere to be found. Hmph. I got all excited about the EWCM but if I was going to ovulate this month I think the monitor would have started showing high fertility by now. Last month high popped up on days 12-15 and peak (when you actually O) showed up on days 16-18. Blah!!!! I don't know what to think.... I knew better than to get excited the other day.... Shoulda known my reproductive system would sap the joy right out of me again. Hmph.

I started thinking maybe my RE would prescribe progesterone so I could see if that would make a difference to my LP. I spoke to the nurse today and she said he doesn't usually do that. Why should I be surprised.... I swear I picked the most difficult RE... Seems like everyone else's just does the progesterone treatment - its not going to hurt anything. On the plus side I asked if he's familiar with Hashimotos and she was like AHA! She said he has other patients that have it. So I'm going to go ahead and go in with my Hashimoto records and see if he has any advice onwhere to go from here. Its an afternoon appt so that means no hoo-ha camera. Yes! :-) If I don't like what he says this time I'm going to take my records to friend's doc. The only reason I'm giving this guy one more chance is he's actually an RE and I thought that might be better with the thryoid issues. So the 20th I have a consult with him and then straight to the consult with the surgeon. Should be a fun afternoon....

Does anyone else feel sooooo behind on Christmas stuff?!?!? I haven't done anything.... haven't put up a tree, haven't bought a single gift.... Arrgghh!!! This morning I made up my list and there are people I have no ideas for. That never happens to me!!! Ugh!!!! I already told 5150 I don't want to go all out this year... Everyone will just have to get over it. I'm not in the mood!!!! Anyone else feeling bah humbug out there??? :-(

4 comments:

  1. RE first--if you're unhappy with your RE's treatment or answers I highly suggest a second opinion. The RE that got us pregnant 2 years ago was found after one I LOVED continued to say "IVF is the only way you will EVER get pregnant" WE were pregnant the month after we started seeing our NEW RE. Of course the outcome wasn't great, but pregnancy did occur! So get a second opinion if you can!

    Christmas...the tree is up, living room decorated, bay berry candle purchased...no outside lights up yet (they are still in the box), Shopping however is DONE. I bought hubby's Ipod touch tonight and I'm DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that's what this guy is going to say too - IVF or nothing... What protocol did the 2nd RE put you on? I'm sorry that one didn't make it for you. :-(

    I'm soooo jealous you're already done!! Maybe next year I'll be able to get it together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about ovulation coming late. I always ovulate late, once on clomid on day 30! I hope it happens soon for you. I think that talking to your doc about other patients with your same diagnosis is a great idea. I hope he figures something out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Here from Mel's lushery. I was dx'd with Hashimoto's this year too and it totally messes with your LP. If you are still dealing with getting your levels sorted out I would demand progesterone. I went through 13 failed IUI's and never had an LP longer than 12 days and I never got rx'd prog until IVF. And then when I was monitored for it we found out I needed TONS! Even if my prog was above 15- my body needed to be above 100.

    in hindsight I am sad for all the failed cycles b/c clearly my thyroid was messing with the luteal stuff.

    I'm cheering for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete