Thursday, December 16, 2010

What a way to start off the day!

When I got to work this morning my boss surprised me with some flowers and a graduation card!! Yay!! My first graduation gift!!! She also gave me a Christmas card with some cash from all 3 attys!!! And best of all she told me I'm the best assistant she's ever had!!! This is someone who does not give compliments much and is known to be scary to work for. I was blown away!!!

Last night I was sitting on the couch and my ovaries were just pinging and twinging away!! I'm not sure whats going on in there.... Its like after 30-something years they're both awake and are constantly needling me to make sure I know they're there. This has all come about in the last few months.... Who knows....

I'm worried my mother is going to disappoint me this week at the graduation. She hangs out with losers from her alcoholic days still so all week she's been in court testifying because she saw Loser #1 stab Loser #2 back in May. Closing arguments are set for today. However if the jury doesn't come back this afternoon she might be required to go to Court tomorrow too...she's under a subpoena.... So help me... If she cannot go to my graduation because she insists on hanging out with losers, I'm going to be DEVASTATED.... I'm the only one of her 4 kids that graduated from high school, and now college. (I'm sure that gives you an idea of what kind of family I came from. :-( ) You'd think she'd be excited.... If those losers screw this up I'm going to be PISSED....

I'm going to end today's post with a wonderful quote my dad sent me this morning. Its so beautiful to me....

"Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innnocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused."

- Anonymous

Updated:

Turns out my mother for once is not letting me down, but my MIL is. I totally wasn't expecting her of all people not to show up!!! I'm WAY closer to the in-laws than my blood relations.... She called crying she's so upset about missing because work threatened to write her up if she calls in, but stilll.... I feel stupid even saying this, but I feel if anyone would understand, you guys would... but I can't help to feel like apparently my graduation is less important than spitting out a kid.... MIL managed to get off for EVERY SINGLE EFFING u/s SIL had.... plus a whole efffing week off when the baby came.,..,., but I can't get 3 hours here?!?!?!? So now I'm Bitter McTwisted again.... Ugh! I hate that!!!! If I wasn't infertile I'm sure I wouldn't have these crazy thoughts.... but its beyond my control....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your graduation!!! You should be SO PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your graduation and all the positive comments from your boss. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete