Monday, December 20, 2010

Clearing the air

Thanks for all the congrats from you guys! Graduation was a blast! MIL got to come after all!!! So there were only a handful of people there but it's the people that are the most important to me so it was a great day!!! I got some nice gifts including a Coach purse that's covered in sequins which is exactly what I was hoping for!! :-) I was blown away that my mom got it for me. Usually she does cash which is what I figured she'd do this time. It was a nice surprise.

Cakegirl (SIL and one of my best friends) and I had a long conversation Fri night (I was bawling to the point of hyperventilating for most of it) because she has been able to tell that I've been acting different. So I finally opened up about all the God-awful thoughts you have thanks to the wonderful world of IF. It felt good to get it out in the open and she was wonderfully supportive and sympathetic. I don't know why I didn't just talk to her in the first place. I guess I thought I was fooling everybody and acting normal but really I've just come across as distant or detached.

Cakegirl encouraged me to tell my dad what's been going on.... so I put on my big girl panties and told him yesterday. I've been so afraid to tell him because I don't want to be a disappointment. I'm his only child so if I can't give him grandkids, he won't get any. No pressure, right??? So I told him the short version and he was wonderful about it. I asked him to pray about it and he said he'd have 100 people praying for me. He works for a Christian company, so they do company-wide prayer lists. It was very sweet and touching. He gave me a big hug afterwards and said he'll love me the same no matter what the outcome is. :-)

This afternoon I have the appt with the RE to find out what effect Hashi's will have on my treatment options. And then one with a surgeon to see if I can get my thyroid taken out. I actually am kind of excited because I'm hoping for new information.... And new information is always good.

Its only a 3 day work week for me so I am stoked!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. And the truth shall set you free!

    It's good to be stoked isn't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from ICLW! It is always great to talk to someone IRL who can be sympathetic and understand. And hooray for telling your dad, prayer can never hurt :)
    I have hashimotos thyroid too, I have somewhat managed to get my disease under control but I can see the desire to eliminate to roller-coaster all together, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like the feeling of being honest and truthful. Yes it can hurt to put your heart and your emotions out there but the reward of being supported fully is usually worth the risk.

    Congrats on graduating!

    ~Happy ICLW~
    #14 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

    ~May your Christmas be filled with Peace~
    ~And your New Year with Hope~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for opening your heart with your family and unloading some of the baggage that IF brings!! Enjoy your long holiday weekend!

    Happy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

    ReplyDelete