Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day!!

We're expecting a winter storm tonight. The city is hunkering down and we finally got word at the end of the day that we don't have to go in tomorrow! Yay!!!! A free day off! Now let me tell you that we're only expecting 1-3 inches of snow!!! HAHAHAHAHA Yes, just 3... What can I say down in the South people FREAK out if there's even a chance of snow. I'm sure all you girls from the North are rolling your eyes at us, but hey, I'll take a free day off any day! :-)

I definitely ovulated so I started the progesterone last night. I didn't really feel any side effects. But I had the best sleep I'd had in a long time. I've heard it makes you sleepy so if that's why I slept so good then I can't wait to keep taking these pills!

One interesting thing... Before I picked up my prescription, I checked the balance of my health savings account and saw it had $116. I know there's a $5 monthly fee so when I got to the window I said a silent prayer. I prayed please let this prescription be $111 or less... Otherwise I have to pay out of pocket. I would have done that, but might as well use the tax free money from the other account, right? The pharmacist comes to the window and says "do you know how much this prescription is?" They always say that if the prescription is over $100 so I thought ohh Lord..... She says $111.07!!! Its probably stupid, but I was tickled pink!!! It was the exact amount I was praying it would be. :-) Maybe it's a sign? I know the odds are slim, but I'll take any scrap I can cling to at this point.

I did my first acupuncture session this past weekend. It was ok. The guy said that according to chinese medicine, I have a deficiency. That's evidenced by the thyroid problems and my inability to get pregnant. The appt was supposed to be $54 with my insurance discount. Then I get to the counter and he gives me 2 little bags of pills.... Just a few days worth and its $126!!!! Arrgghhh!!! I should have told me I didn't want the herbs and I'm mad at myself for paying it. I only took 1 dose. I'm kinda scared to take them because I don't know whats in them and I don't want them to screw up my thyroid..... He told me to come back Tuesday but I ended up canceling that appt. Its not something I can afford right now if that's how much its going to be!!!

The acupuncture itself was not too bad. It didn't hurt or anything which surprised me. But the part where they turn on the heat lamp, turn off the lights and tell you to relax didn't help. I couldn't stop my thoughts from racing.... I was thinking is this going to work, is it going to make a difference, did I remember to pay this bill or do that.... I would tell myself I needed to relax and could for a couple of minutes but not much of the time at all. I guess thats something you get better at with time?

By the way, Greys is on in the background... Callie just had an u/s and she's only 6 weeks along.... Of course they couldn't find the heartbeat at first so they switched to a higher resolution machine and of course there it was.... And the picture that popped up I swear to God is from a u/s that's at at least 12 weeks.... Not that I would know because I haven't been that far but I've seen others. Usually a 6-8 week u/s is a grain of rice... Thats why I quit watching this show.... so lame to me!

I think thats all for now.... I better go get ready for my 3 inches of snow! :-)

5 comments:

  1. What herbs did they give you. Since I thyroid problems I might know if it's safe or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bleh, that sucks about the high cost of the herbs! They really should've asked you if you even wanted them. Not just spring it on to you like that.

    Lol @ the snow. Yeah I'm in the south as well and we freak if it's even just an inch hehe.

    And on Grey's, I think Callie mentioned that she had 7 months left, which would make her 2 months along? I thought they mentioned that she was something like 7 weeks? I can't remember.
    The part w/ the heartbeat made me cry though. Not tears for the characters, more pity tears for myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone to accupuncture twice now and I haven't noticed a difference, but I'm going to try it a few more times. My insurance doesn't cover it but my lady is giving me a discount. I'm always thinking about other stuff when I'm there too. I'm startining to feel like I worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did accupuncture for over a year, once every week or two. It took me three tries to get an accupuncturist I meshed with and, when I found him, WOW! You don't have to worry about laying there with your mind racing because you will be out like a light before the person even gets all the needles in. It's amazing. Obviously, accupuncture did not get me pregnant...but it did do amazing things for my migraines, helped with cramping, and gave me some solid sleepy time. I tried Chinese herbs a bunch of times (including ones to help with my hypothyroidism) and didn't see any difference. When I go for accupuncture now, my guy still tries to push herbs on me, but I just let him know (each time) that I'm done with that...thanks but no thanks. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an insane price for herbs!

    ReplyDelete