Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On to clomid...

I talked to the nurse on Mon about AF coming while on progesterone and she didn't freak out at all. I don't know why I freaked out like I did. Chalk it up to being hormonal I guess. I don't know how I'll get through a cycle with the big drugs if a little ol' 200 mg of progesterone gave me hysterics! hehe Anyways, the nurse didn't act like it was something she never heard of. She talked to the doc and called me back. Turns out I was supposed to stop taking the progesterone when my flow started but she said it wouldn't have any adverse effect on the next cycle. So now I know what to do if it happens again. She said we'll try this dosage of progesterone for one more cycle to see how I react after taking clomid in the same cycle. If it happens again, we'll re-evaluate next month. I'm ok with that. The plan was to try clomid for only 2 months then move onto injectibles if that doesn't work. I like this doctor so much more than my last. The nurse was sympathetic and listened, checked with the doc, called me back pretty quickly and really put my mind at ease.

So Sunday was the last progesterone and Mon I started the clomid. I'm only on 50 mg so no adverse effects yet. Except maybe a couple of hot flashes. Nothing I can't handle. :-) Come on O time!!!

The knee is definitely still not right. I wish I just would have gone to the ER the night it happened. I feel like I'm just being a drama queen if I go now after a week. I'm so mad at myself for going skating and messing my knee up. My nephew's bday party is this weekend and he's going to have a moonwalk thingie and now I won't be able to get in it with them!! That's a bummer! Hmph!

Don't laugh but I ordered a Tony Little Gazelle this week! I HATE my treadmill. All the reviews I've read on the gazelle have been good. Its a good machine for a beginning exerciser. And its low impact which I can hopefully use with my bum knee. I'm hoping I can use it a few times a week and feel a little healthier and maybe even drop a few lbs.... Of course, this isn't my first rodeo... I'll let u ladies know how it works out. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you really like your RE. That's so important. Let me know how you like your gazelle. I joined the gym, but it is tough dragging myself there in 10 degree weather. Good luck with everything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the nurse listened to you and called back quickly and set your mind at ease. Fingers crossed for this next cycle x

    ReplyDelete