Sunday, February 13, 2011

Calm again

So my PMS or progesterone induced rage is over. I was so much fun to be around yesterday. My poor hubby... :-)

I went to the pharmacy and ordered my clomid so I can take that this week and I thought, oh I can ask the pharmacist about whether I'm supposed to keep taking the progesterone.... So it was a lady behind the counter and I asked her and she said she had no idea. She said she herself has gone through IF treatments.... and she still had no idea. So I'm guessing it must not be that common. I'll still just take 1 tonight until I can talk to the nurse tomorrow. I'm pretty sure she's going to say to stop because Mon I'm supposed to start clomid and that doesn't sound right that I would be taking clomid and progesterone at the same time. I've NEVER read that on any blogs. I read through a bunch of blogs yesterday looking for answers and I found some women that have had to take 2 x 200 mg progesterone daily in the luteal phase so maybe that will be the answer. Always, awhile back I spoke to a fellow blogster with hashimotos and she said in order for her to get pg and stay pg she had to be on a ton of progesterone. So maybe thats common with the hashimotos. Maybe there's nothing for me to be hysterical about after all. Information I could have used yesterday!!! hehe

I'll let everyone know what the doc's answer is tomorrow.

Oh question for all of you who have taken progesterone... Are your cramps worse the months you take it? This month they were pretty bad and I've been almost pain free since my lap last summer. This month I had cramps in my abdomen as well as in my back and the only other time I had that was when I did have the endo. Usually I'm just a back pain kind of girl. The doc told me at the last visit that if I can't get knocked up by July (14 mos after lap) then he suggests I redo it because a lot of times it grows back. So now I'm wondering if its back since that's the only other time I had that kind of cramping. Its nowhere near as bad as it was when I had the surgery tho. And BD'ing is starting to be painful on occasion. So there's that......

Also, I've officially hung up my rollers skates for good. Last Thurs night I went with my mom again. (Don't worry, I already had a BFN so I knew I didn't have to worry about that.) And I lost my balance and had a really really bad fall. My body came down straight but my right leg went straight out at a 90 degree angle and I heard the POP! I was terrified. I really thought I broke something. Some people had to take off my skates and help me off the floor. The rest of the night and the next day it was killing me. Of course I ran to Dr. Google. ;-) Basically if you hear that POP you've torn a ligament. Because that's just what I need. All day Friday when I walked my foot was turned out, they werent' even paralel when I walk any more!!! Then when I got home Fri night I was hobbling up the stairs and my knee clicked and I felt something shift. After that the swelling went down and the pain got a lot better and my foot went back to its normal position. So I guess I had something twisted or dislocated... but I've learned my lesson. I'm done roller skating. I guess there go my dreams of being a roller derby girl....

3 comments:

  1. The progesterone is meant to be used to support you in the Luteal Phase, so from the day of ovulation until the day AF rears her head again (hopefully not!) and if she doesn't do that then keep up the progesterone!

    OUCH x 1000 at the popping ligament. I haven't worn skates for years, otherwise I probably would have made a great roller derby girl, I lived in skates when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch on the fall! I'm glad everything uh.. popped back in to place? lol Yikes though!

    My first time taking progest... I don't remember my period afterwards being any different than it usually is. I can't really remember though. I think that was the next injection cycle after my m/c though and my body hasn't acted the same since so *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have endo and my periods are always a bit uncomfortable. But after I use progesterone, the are really heavy, with lots of cramping. It makes sense if you think about it. The progesterone makes the uterine lining thicker than it would normally be, so there's more to expel. For me, warm heat on the abdomen helps.

    I'm sorry about your fall, but glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete