Saturday, February 12, 2011

WTF?!?!?

So how do you like this - AF showed up last night... in the middle of my round of progresterone!!!! Which gives me a cycle of ONLY 23 days!!! Which means progesterone actually fucking shortened my cycle!!!! WTF?!?!?! Has anyone ever heard of this? Everything I've read says you're not supposed to bleed until 1-3 days after stopping the progesterone.... Not me tho... I'm so broken I can't even do that right.... The doctor told me to continue taking it until CD 28 which I never saw. So now what am I supposed to do? Take it until what would have been CD 28? Or stop taking it? Of course this happens at 10 last night so its not like I can call the doc's office and ask the nurse. I'm sure they didn't give me any alternative instructions because who does this??? Who gets a shorter cycle on progesterone?????

I'm so pissed right now I can barely type. Just pissed at my stupid body for not reacting properly to the drug that everyone else can get the expected results on. I just wanted to have a 14 day luteal phase for once and see what happened. Even with ovulating super early on CD 12... I got an 11 day LP. That's better than 10 days like usual and maybe its sufficient for a pg to implant but maybe not. I caved and tested Thurs and Fri and obviously they were negative. So I guess what's the point about worrying if my LP is long enough to support a pg when there must not have been 1 to start with.

I'm just so over all this IF stuff. I guess I'll just keep taking the progesterone. What's the worst that could happen? Fuck it.

UPDATED:

I'm starting to calm down again. Whew! Maybe I need to increase my dosage? Of course I started googling it since I can't talk to the nurse until Monday. But it looks like there's a 300mg dose available so there must be other people who need more. Is AF coming early how you would know if you needed more? Well I guess my questions will have to wait until Mon when I can talk to the nurse. I'll still take my dose tonight and tomorrow in case that's what the doc wants me to do. I'll find out Mon for sure.

Can anyone say mood swings from hell between this stuff and regular PMS???? ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry...My RE always asks me if I started my period before I stopped taking progesterone, so it must happen often enough. I'm sorry you're in that crowd. Of course I can't say anything, my body is so messed up right now, I can't even figure out what the hell is going on...Be pissed...and have your mood swings. We've been through hell and I think we deserve a little leeway.

    I hope you get some answers on Monday when you talk to your nurse.

    Sending hugs and total understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I have no advice (sorry) but how completely frustrating!

    ReplyDelete