Sunday, February 20, 2011

Clomid, oh clomid....

My 1st round of clomid is over. Whew! That shit made me such a b*tch!!! Every other word out of my hubby's mouth set me off. I had to tell him look, its just the pills... He was like how long do you have to take them?????? hehe He felt better after I told him only 5 days. I don't know how clomid helps with baby-making... when ur constantly at each other's throats how does any action happen??? Guess it works since you don't have to be all over each other until a few days after taking the pills. Hopefully that's enough time to get back to my normal lovable self!! ;-)

I feel like there's something going on in the ovaries tho.... I've got some little twinges and pings happening in there.... I'm going to hope that's the clomid working and NOT the clomid giving me another freaking cyst. Surely I'll be ok on the lowest dose, right?

The ol' knee injury is A LOT better I'm happy to report. However it does still go out. Yesterday I was standing on my weak leg with my other leg up so I could put lotion on my other leg and it gave out. Fortunately I was able to grab the counter and the wall before I hit the ground completely. Apparently my knee can now go in a third direction and that's 90 degress straight out to the side. That's no good!!! But I'm going to try one of those over-the-counter braces and I'm sure that will help.

What else has been going on.... work is sooooo stressful right now!!! My boss has a HUGE project that will be over in 2 weeks so she's freaking out every day... and u know sh*t rolls downhill... so I have been soooooo stressed. To the point of anxiety attacks. That definitely wasn't helping the round of clomid. Guess I have to put on my big girl panties and talk to the office manager about a situation that's adding a lot of work to my plate that is totally killing me. I had to work late 2 days this week because of it. And OT is frowned upon so they're going to wonder why I'm having to stay late. But Ihave a feeling there's going to be ugly residue when it gets back to the bosses..... Oh well, after that it should get better.

About how many days after the last clomid are you supposed to O? I totally forgot to order more internet cheapie OPK's so I think I'll try those digital ones. Haven't tried those yet. And I don't want to waste this cycle or not know if our timing was good...

I think I might go to an adoption seminar that's coming up in March. I'm totally terrified at even facing this option, but I have just had a sense lately that this isn't going to work. I don't know if its the clomid, or just hopelessness, or maybe just because I NEVER get pg, I don't think I ever will.... And since we're not getting any younger here, I guess I better look at all my options..... I am totally terrified tho....

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if my husband is on Clomid? lol. I'm glad you only had to be on it for 5 days. I haven't taken it, but I've heard from friends that it is no fun. I'm sorry that you are feeling like the Clomid isn't going to work for you...but maybe you will feel differently when the meds are totally out of your system. That happens sometimes. I think it is great that you are going to the adoption seminar...always good to have a back-up plan in place. Hopefully, you won't need the back-up plan because this month will be your month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word when I told my husband it was the pills he told me I could still be nice. NO I really can't cause I hate you! I said the same thing about being a bitch and then needing sex. LOL!! Did you take the pills at night? That cut the bitchy from 100% down to 15%. Much better! Good luck babe!!!

    ReplyDelete