Saturday, February 5, 2011

Random musings....

Snow Day is over. We ended up getting ZERO snow! :-) We did get freezing rain that caused all the freeways to shut down so its a good thing work was already called off. Even the entire Park-n-Ride bus system was totally shut down.... and they never shut down!

This is pretty random but I had to run to the pharmacy yesterday to get those pills you take when you think you're coming down with a bladder infection... I haven't been to that aisle forever so I was looking at all the other *interesting* products they have and I saw a box of deadorant vaginal suppositories... What the hell?!?! And it had some corny name like Island Mist..... People actually use this???? Of course from the perspective of someone who has researched every aspect of female biology and fertility the first thought I had was isn't that bad for the vaginal environment? I can't believe the crazy products they come up with that people will actually use... Who wants their hooha to smell like an island anyways? ;-)

Thanks for all the comments about acupuncture! I don't feel so bad knowing they try to force those herbs on everyone. And I think I will try another facility when I decide to start back up. I'm definitely not put off forever.... but I'm going to have to do more research to find a better facility I think.

CD 18 now I think. I've been taking the progesterone for the last few days and so far I'm not feelig anything different. That's better tha crazy hormonal side effects I guess....

I've been doing a lot of research on late ovulation and things of that nature. And I really think it was my thyroid that was causing all these problems. There's a direct link betweeen being hypothyroid and late ovulation/short luteal phase. Even if its just borderline which mine was. But I've noticed since Dr Z added the T3 that my cycles are remarkably different. I only bleed now for 3 days.... and its a lot lighter. So obviously its affecting my cycles. I think thats why maybe I ovulated earlier this month. If you have a 26 day cycle, you're supposed to O on day 12 like I did this month. Very encouraging to me!!! I'm not going to get too excited yet tho.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is a commercial with mother and daughter running along the beach discussing their "hygiene" Strange places those drug stores are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is interesting about thyroid and late ovulation/short luteal phase. Mine is borderline too, but I am going to look into it a bit more.
    thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know when I was finally diagnosed and on the correct dose of synthroid, I felt 100x better. I could literally sleep all day long and still feel exhausted before. I had absolutely no energy to do anything, and I was spotting throughout my cycles.

    Anywho, hilarious about the suppositories! Women still use douches so it's not surprising that some probably use those things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that when I was dx and treated for my hypothyroid.. it really did shorten my cycles- and helped to ovulate at an appropriate time-. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete