Saturday, May 14, 2011

Its going to be a hard day around here

Today, in about 1 hour in fact, we're having our 16 year old cocker spaniel put down. I'm so sad right now. We've had her since she was 5 weeks old. She was the first dog I ever had as an adult, that was mine. She's always been a great dog. But at this age, so many health problems pop up. Maybe I should have even done it a few months ago, but I've been dreading it so much I chickened out. I know what I have to do, I just pray God gives me the strength to get through it...

Goodbye, Ladybug, I'll always love you.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts during this sad time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry. I know how important my dogs are to me, and I will be a disaster when the time comes to make that choice.
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you to have the strength you need. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I know how hard this can be! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so SO sorry **HUGS** It never gets easy losing a beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had to put your dog down today. I once had a cocker spaniel. I loved her dearly, just as I'm sure you love yours! I know it's gonna be a hard day, but I hope that your weekend looks better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. I can't imagine the pain you are experiencing. Hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete