Friday, November 5, 2010

Here goes nothing....

Hello All! I've been lurking for quite awhile now but I'm excited to reveal myself and officially joint the fun of blogging.

I'm mid-30's (when did that happen??) and DH and I have been married for 12 years. We just can't seem to do what everyone around me can do so easily, which of course, is to make a baby. I've been off b/c for about 10 years. I got pregnant twice but both ended in miscarriage within a week of getting the BFP. :-( We've now been hard-core TTC and peeing on sticks since April 09. Last summer I started getting endo symptoms and in Feb 10 the Gyno found 1 cyst on each ovary. I had a lap in May and she removed all spots of endo (stage 1 - whew!). She also popped the cyst that was still hanging around. That's right - she popped with a needle! Ouch!! Also had the HSG, you know, "while we were in there" which revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

At that point we'd been TTC for 1 year so I started seeing a RE. OPK's NEVER come up positive for me so I figured I wasn't ovulating. RE did ultrasounds and found I do O. According to him, for a small percentage of women, the LH surge isn't enough to trigger an OPK. Anyone else ever heard of this??? I've been tested for PCOS, karyotyped, had an HSG, post-coital test, and DH had a SA. All came back normal. Guess I'm officially Unexplained IF. The next appointment will be to discuss pros and cons of IUI v IVF. I know IVF is out of the question financially. Hopefully IUI is within my reach and I can do that early 2011.

I'm probably going to switch RE's before going too much farther as this clinic has done things that give me a bad feeling. Once when I called to make a follow up appt, the nurse tells me "So you're going with IVF? Your b/c pills are ready to be picked up." I had a total meltdown as the RE has not even discussed ANY treatment options!!! She was looking at the wrong chart. Hmph!! I'm thinking if they can't even keep the charts straight, how can I trust them to keep other things straight???

I have a lot of blessings tho - DH, friends, family (even tho sometimes they make things worse with ignorant comments), a good job, a decent house, and 3 little dogs that crack me up every single day!!! They'll probably pop up on here from time to time. :-)

I'm sure I'm leaving a lot of stuff out. I'm just hoping this blog will help me to keep what little sanity I have left most days.... :-)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome! I hope blogging makes you feel as loved and cared for as it has for me. This community is amazing and will see you through this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland! I will be following your journey. I hope it's a short one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely check out some other REs if you aren't comfortable with your current one! I'm on my third and finally feel like it's the right "match" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! We've got a lot in common! We too have been married for 12 years and trying forever! I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! I hope that you only have a short journey left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement! It means a lot to me to finally have a forum to come and obsess without driving DH and friends insane. :-)

    ReplyDelete