Friday, November 26, 2010

Frustrated

Just as I suspected the other day AF came in today. So once again this cycle is a bust. I'm so frustrated because this cycle was only 25 days long and my luteal phase must have only been about 8 days long. I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to get pg with a LP that short.

Its so aggravating that when the monitor (Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor) wasn't picking up my LH surge, the one month my RE did u/s he said it looked like I was O'ing around day 14.... But I knew from years ago when the monitor was picking up my surges it said around day 17-18... I was so excited when the RE said Day 14!!! That gave me hope..... Now we're back to day 18?!?!? I'm pretty sure I must have a luteal phase defect (LPD) which I have suspected for a long time... Of course the RE didn't address a luteal phase defect because it didn't appear I had one. How can I find an RE that specializes in this sort of problem? Anybody know? If anyone has any positive experiences with a Houston RE I would love to hear about it!!!!

In other news I had a really good Thanksgiving holiday until AF came along and ruined it... Dinner with my family was amazingly smooth.... In fact I would call it enjoyable and it hasn't been that way in many many years. It was almost a Thanksgiving miracle!!! :-)

Well there was one negative thing at my mothers.... Some loser she knew from her alcoholic days was there with his skanky girlfriend who was 8 months pg.... They sat outside and ate so I really didn't even get a chance to speak to them. My mom tells me this chic is giving her baby up for adoption. I swear I felt my heart stop beating.... As in, are you telling me there's a person looking for an adoptive family in this very house?????? My mother noticed me perking up and proceeded to tell me that she has drank EVERY day of her pregnancy so far, in addition to smoking crack in the 1st trimester and smoking marijuana up until 7 months.... Real nice, huh? I'm pretty sure the adoption agency and the potential adoptive family has no knowledge of this... Thank God she wasn't doing any of this while we were there... My SIL CoachGirl, a fellow IFer, was livid right along beside me and we both would have flipped out on that chic if we would have seeen any of that. And bubbling up comes all the feelings of how unfair this IF business truly is.....

Midnight shopping was a huge success!!! Except I was totally not dressed for the occasion. I was running late and didn't change into tennis shoees and forgot my coat at home... So my high I got from all the bargain deals only lasted so long and I went home feeling beat at about 2:00 a.m. I could have made it a lot longer with better shoes at least. Oh well, I'm not complaining... I got a coach purse for $200 off the retail price! Jackpot!!!!!

Hope everyone else had a good holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Is CoachGirl's IF related to her need for brain surgery? I ask because one of my close friends is a brain tumor survivor and is worried about whether she'll be IF when she starts trying as a result of the radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livid doesn't begin to cover the emotions I would have felt! I commend your restraint!

    The RE that we got pregnant with added this to my cycle--1 10,000 unit dose of Ovidrel at 7 dpo. That cycle I obviously got pregnant, but those after the miscarriage where I didn't I've pulled 14-16 day LP with the addition. So you may wish to ask for an Ovidrel (HCG) booster at 7 dpo.

    Alternately Progesterone suppositories work for others to lengthen the LP.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I am sorry about af and that girl. I can't stand it when people do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw your comment over on stfu infertiles. ugh so frustrating! anyway in regards to the self diagnosed short lp i just thought I would let you know what improved mine. Firstly I had a lap which improved it immediately by 2 days and has stayed that way for over a year, acupuncture has lengthed my cycle from 24 days to 28 days and raspberry leaf tea or vitex. i personally haven't taken vitext but the RLT has been brilliant (hellow ewcm again). i haven't read all of your posts and i apologise if you have already tried these things but this is what has worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry AF came in for you...boy do I know how that feels!
    I just started reading your blog and I am happy to find another new blogger. Good luck with your tests and come see me if you have a chance!
    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    P.S. You dog Gus looks like my chihuahua Charlie.

    ReplyDelete