Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why didn't I think of that????

So I mentioned last week that my thyroid seems to be throwing a fit and now my levels are back to where they were when I started... which means I feel sluggish and droopy. Of course the 1st thing I did was turn to Dr. Google to see what kinds of meds or foods would cancel out thyroid meds... I just couldn't believe a 1/2 blood pressure pill would cause that much chaos... And lo and behold I found plenty of sites that says that freaking zoloft cancels your thyroid meds!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy sh*tballs!!!!! It didn't even occur me to run it by Dr. Z!!!! Before when I was on antidepressants all she said was she didn't prescribe antidepressants so I'd have to continue getting them through my GP. So thats what I did. That has to be what made the difference. Nothing else was different. Either that or it was just a coincidental Hashi's flare up...

Now I have to wait until May 10 to have my blood drawn again. The following week I'll go back to Dr. Z and can have my meds upped if my levels are still high. Thank God!!!!!

Last night my hubby says he thinks I should stop taking the zoloft. I'm like "What?!?!?" He said because he can tell I act and feel run down. I told him he's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not continue to cry for 10 days every time I get a stupid BFN!!!!! He'll just have to put up with me being sluggish for another few weeks. I'm really starting to feel better and more stable. No way am I giving them up yet.

I haven't talked to my mom in about a week and I feel guilty about it... but I honestly no longer enjoy conversations with her so I don't feel the need to call her. Isn't that awful???? The whole time we're on the phone she talks about herself... Usually repeating herself over and over.... And if I say anything about my life most of the time she honestly acts like she doesn't hear what I've said and she just keeps on talking in circles like I'm not even there. Its so frustating. Then when I called her for once looking for comfort when I got my last BFN, what does she did but totally minimize my feelings and tell me I can't keep getting upset. So I feel like I'm at an impasse with her.

My dad not only told me about the divorce this last weekend, but he also revealed that he's in recovery. I knew he had been going to a men's support group to deal with growing up with an alcoholic, abusive, sadistic father. But I wasn't aware of his own struggles with addictions. So he said he's been clean for 18 months which is great. And he said he's onto the step about making amends and told me if he did anything in my childhood that was hurtful he was sorry and he wants me to tell him about it. I was touched down to my core because I could tell he was so sincere and earnest and open. I told him I was touched and appreciated the gesture, but I'm fine. And just to show you how crazy I am, that made me mad at my mom because she's been in recovery for 4 years and I'm still waiting for her to take accountability for being an alcoholic parent. Hmph!!!! Guess its a good thing I wasn't holding my breath waiting for that apology! HAHA I really hope my dad is able to find peace with himself through the recovery process and comes out on the other side better off.

6 days dpo here.... Tick tock..... I just want to be able to POAS already!!!! Part of me is hopeful... part of me just wants to get it over with so I can move to the next cycle.

2 comments:

  1. I am 6 dpo too!!! We will either be drinking margaritas for Cinco de Mayo or celebrating our pregnancies- hoping for the latter

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so I don't have parent problems but everything else I read on your blog makes me think were so the same. I just wanna pick up the phone and call you sometimes. Hang in there with your thyroid! I forgot mine was off till I read your post and it hit me no wonder i've been so tired, duh my thyroid is off. HAHA Head up, shoulders back, you got this!!

    ReplyDelete