Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Effing thyroid!!!!!!

So yesterday was a marathon of doc appts. I took the whole day off work and spent all day going from doctor to doctor. Oh well, me and hubby had a nice dinner at my favorite mexican place when I was done so at least it ended well!!


Well woman was fine. He did say I should take a cycle off since I've taken clomid 3 cycles in a row then we'll do a monitored cycle with a trigger shot or IUI. I guess that will be about June.

I guess that's something to look forward to....

I asked Brandy to increase my zoloft to 75 and she was fine with that. I do not want another 10 days of despair like my last cycle. Ugh!!!! I could hardly stand to be around myself. I definitely back to myself now thank God!!!!! She said if in a few weeks I feel like I need to go up one more level, just call her and she'll give me a new scrip. Thank God for Brandy!!!!!!! She doesn't make me feel like a loser for needing antidepressants like that other quack.... Whew!!!!!


Lastly unfortunately was the thyroid appt. I have been really tired lately and slipped back into taking naps when I get home from work and on the weekend. I knew something was wrong. Even Hubby noticed and asked if I was still on the thyroid meds.... Turns out for some reason my thyroid levels are totally jacked up again!!!! ARRGGHHH!!!! Its so frustrating!!!! My levels were 2.5 when I first started the meds.... then they went down to 1.0 then they were too low at 0.3. So at my last appt the doc told me to take 1/2 a pill twice a week to get me back to 1.0. My levels were 2.5 again on this last visit!!!! What the hell?!?!? Its like I never took any meds. I just don't get it.

The only thing I did different was started taking my new bp pill (1/2 only) in the morning. They say to take your thyroid meds alone because some meds can block some of the absorption... but I find it hard to believe that the 1/2 bp pill blocked the synthroid totally and completely!!!!! So don't know what's going on there... This month I'm going to take the bp pill an hour after the synthroid and see if that makes a difference.....

Its CD 14 and still no positive OPK. The CBEFM is showing medium fertility so it should be close. And yesterday was the 1st sign of stretchy CM. Hmmm.... If I get a positive tomorrow then I'll be ovulating on day 16-17 and that's while on clomid... That's no good!!!! That's the reason I'm taking the stupid clomid is to force ovulation earlier. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is due to my stupid effing thyroid... I looked back over my past charts and the month I ovulated earliest was the month my thyroid level was at 0.3.... When its in the 2.something range I ovulate really late....

This really sucks and its pissing me off!!!!! I know its not recommended to take take clomid more than 6 months and I've already used 3 and maybe because of my stupid thyroid those cycles have been wasted.... What do I do when my 6 months of clomid are done????? Maybe I just have to be done and move on.... I don't know what else to think.... From what I understand if I do a Timed Intercourse or IUI cycle, the trigger shot will tell me exactly when I'm ovulating, but it won't force me to ovulate earlier, right? I mean they have to wait for the follicle to get to a certain size so I don't think that will help.....

How's everybody's Easter shaping up? My dad will be in town from Washington so that will be nice to get to spend some time with him. I'm sure we'll go out to eat a few times... and watch the niece and nephew hunt for eggs and have a yummy Easter dinner.... Hopefully sleeping in late will be in my forecast too! :-)

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

8 comments:

  1. I feel you on the thyroid. I've been meaning to write about my stupid visit last week. I get one visit of normal and then nope back to being messed up. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. They'll do it with my normal thyroid panal at the end of may before my apt on I think june 7th. I don't wanna give up gulten either. Do you know how hard that'll be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VIT D and taking the extra pills and it not coming up. My level I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about the thyroid. My levels seem to be level for now but my doctor has told me that sometimes you have to change the medicine several times. The pharmisist told me to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Maybe that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they get your thyroid taken care of.
    Who is giving you clomid? I took clomid with my gyn and it was a mess, an entirely different experience with an RE. They do help time everything with a trigger shot, which makes things so much easier. Email me if you have questions, my address is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog and admire your determination. I know doctors appointments and all of the diagnosis information is so stressful. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your Easter!

    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can stop by my blog to find out more about the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya,
    I'm a new reader and found your blog becasue I, too, have found out that I have a thyroid "issue". Mine was 4.4. How's that for a pain in the butt? I hope you get yours all figured out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed with low thyroid for 8 years. I have been taking porcine thyroid for almost 3 years and I feel better. It boosts my energy back to normal.

    ReplyDelete