Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Friday!

I saw my brother last night. He looks good. He's not in pain. The tests for Guillian-Barre came back negative so far, but they have to send off cultures. They went ahead and started the treatments yesterday anyways. Its basically blood products - like plasma - given through IV. Each bag takes 6 hours, for 5 days in a row. And costs $3000 per bag!!!!! He's in the middle of changing jobs so he has to go on cobra and they don't know how much or if any of this is going to be paid for. Plus they got the 2nd baby coming in June/July. When it rains, it pours..... 2ww is halfway over. No symptoms, real or imaginary as usual. Guess I'll test on Wed. I've found if I test and get a BFN I'm not as upset when AF shows up.... and let's face it, she ALWAYS shows up.... The Zoloft is definitely helping!!!! I'm not crying every day anymore. I didn't get upset seeing Plain Jane last night. I even watched Greys. I haven't been watching it cause I really didn't want to see the pg storyline.... but the previews intrigued me. Callie was in a wreck and while they were working on her body, she has an out of body experience and her spirit sings and watches over her. Man was it good!!!!! I bawled!!!!!!! Well maybe I was hormonal a little... but it was a really good episode I thought. Looks like next week they go back to high drama with the baby born premature so I doubt I'll be watching anymore. Oh yeah, and one more thing about Greys, Meredith admitted how jealous she was at Callie's baby shower because it happened so easily for Callie and Meredith has been trying for months... That really got me. I was sooooo happy they put that in!!!!!! That's reality for an IFer for sure..... and I'm glad they portrayed it like a normal human emotion not a psychopath.... That's all I got.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your brother is doing okay, but holy expensive IV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your brother is doing better!

    Thank you very much for the info on Grey's. It's one of my favorite shows, but after the one where Christina and Owen are fighting about who makes the decision and all that, I haven't watched since because I've been afraid it would be too hard. Now I know I can go get it off of TiVo and watch and it'll still be hard but not as bad as I was afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you and your family......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your bother is doing better!

    Yeah, I've been debating if I should stop watching Grey's but I couldn't stop lol.
    I was also glad they put in that little bit with Meredith admitting to how jealous she was. I'm sure a lot of IFers related to that part.

    ReplyDelete